The Sales and Development Leader (SDL) is the local management representative for Eliot Management Group (EMG) in Austin, TX and the main person in charge of executing the company’s corporate mission and sales goals in the market to which they are assigned. The SDL is primarily responsible for the daily operations and completion of the enrollment of new accounts and development of sales representatives. Their primary job role is to ensure the success of their office, portfolio, and representatives.
The primary role of the SDL is to build and develop a successful regional office through the following methods:
· Coordinate placement of recruitment advertisements for sales representatives and other personnel needed to staff the local office.
· Interview prospects for sales positions and other personnel.
· Hire new sales representatives and other personnel needed to staff the local office, or as directed by upper management.
· Complete required Human Resource documents for new staff and send to EMG’s Human Resource Department for processing and filing.
· Train and mentor new sales recruits on EMG’s products, services, and sales system.
· Assist sales representatives in phone prospecting and lead generation.
· Assist sales representatives in running and closing deals.
· Assist representatives in account evaluation and bid creation for accounts.
· Go to appointments and assist in the closing of deals and in the completion of service paperwork with sales representatives.
· Ensure that all paperwork is complete with sales representatives before being sent to the central office for processing and account enrollment.
· Assist sales representatives in the deployment and download of equipment at new account locations.
· Conduct workshops to motivate and train individual sales representatives.
· Conduct monthly evaluations for each representative to learn and increase production.
· Terminate employment of sales representatives and other staff as needed.
· Develop sales representative selling skills and residual portfolio.
· Create reports and other tracking documents.
· Obtain and distribute new leads from city government locations and other resources.
· Conduct meetings, Workshops, and Call Jams.
· Communicate with Management and other corporate personnel as needed
· Provide account maintenance support and problem resolution for merchants when representative or Office Sales Assistant is unavailable or unable to resolve issues.
· Assist in keeping the office organized and clean.
· Assist in maintaining adequate office supply stock, paperwork, and other items as needed.
· Participate in trade shows and other selling events as needed.
· Gather and submit EMG Observer articles, pictures, and information as requested.
· Complete individual sales as needed to boost overall office production.
· Create and foster marketing alliances with trade associations, banks, and VARS
· Other duties as assigned
The SDL must have a solid understanding and strong background in direct sales and time-task business management. Prior supervisory experience as well as previous outside sales and product sales experience a plus. High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and able to sign and enter into legal contracts. Previous experience in high-volume recruiting, high-volume sales a plus. Prior industry experience and product knowledge useful. Must maintain a drivers license and automobile insurance coverage. Bilingual a plus.